Mass For Kidnapped Syrian Bishops

This morning, I offered a special mass at Saint Patrick’s Cathedral for Greek Orthodox Bishop Paul Yazigi and Syriac Orthodox Bishop John Ibrahim, who were recently kidnapped in Syria. Here is the audio of the opening remarks that I made. I would also like to share with you the audio clip of my homily.

Tags: , , ,

6 Responses to “Mass For Kidnapped Syrian Bishops”

1. Joseph Paoli says:

Dear Cardinal Dolan, I thank you for offering a mass but I believe you can do much more.
    I suggest that you offer a exchange, exchange yourself for the release of both Bishops being held. Yesterday, Catholic Online had an article about religion being not allowed in our military. I have sent it to many. I would gladly give my life for God and our country but our Gov’t is attacking our freedoms and no one is doing anything about it . As a soldier of Christ, I suggest you show the world that we are not afraid to give of ourselves for another. I am not kidding. Jesus gave himself for all of us, we should show Him our love.
    Please pray on it.
    Your brother in Christ,
    Joseph Paoli
    Beverly Hills, FL

2. Karl says:

I was unaware of their kidnapping. Thank you. I will pray for them.

3. Charles says:

God bless you, Your Excellency.

4. Bob says:

I hope you offered it in the Extraordinary form your grace.

5. Lilie-Jean Awsumb says:

Dear Most Rev. Cardinal Dolan:
    My gratefulness to you for offering the Mass for the Greek and Syriac Orthodox Bishops is very deep. Your love for these separated Brothers is a beautiful example for us to follow. I have been praying daily for them and for Fr. Michael Kayal, who was kidnapped before the Bishops, and who has not been heard from except, once, when he was allowed to call his mother.
    I am a Roman Catholic in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota. I read about the Syrian kidnapping through the New Advent website. I beg you to keep Father in your prayers also.
    Most sincerely yours daughter in Christ.
    Lilie-Jean Awsumb

6. Andrea says:

Dear Cardinal Dolan,
    I would like to speak about something else other than the kidnapped Syrians if that’s OK. I have been deeply troubled about some of the remarks that you openly make about the Holy Mother Church accepting homosexuality. Now, there have been instances where you have been accommodating to openness about the homosexuality syndrome in this country by Holy Church. I find that appalling from a Prince of the Church. We need a shepherd full of fire with the Holy Spirit. We don’t need more politicos in our midst. We need a true leader that Our Dear Lord called for. He called you to this place. See Him in His glory and bow down to Him. Not the world and the emptiness that it promises. For the sake of the souls that you claim to be concerned for. Remember, a priest takes a train full of people wherever he goes, whether to Heaven or to hell. May the Good God be with you.