Novena Prayer to Saint Joseph

In my blog post this past Wednesday, I invited you to join me in a novena of prayer to Saint Joseph, asking him and his virgin-wife to look after the whole Church and get us an inspired successor to Saint Peter.  I thought I should probably provide you with the wording of the novena prayer to Saint Joseph, and I renew my invitation to you to offer it  beginning March 11, and concluding on the Feast of Saint Joseph, March 19.  (Where the prayer indicates that you should mention your request, please feel free to phrase it in your own words!)

Novena prayer to Saint Joseph

Saint Joseph, you are the faithful protector and intercessor of all who love and venerate you. I have special confidence in you. You are powerful with God and will never abandon your faithful servants. I humbly invoke you and commend myself, with all who are dear to me, to your intercession. By the love you have for Jesus and Mary, do not abandon me during life, and assist me at the hour of my death.

Glorious Saint Joseph, spouse of the immaculate Virgin, Foster-father of Jesus Christ, obtain for me a pure, humble, and charitable mind, and perfect resignation to the Divine Will. Be my guide, my father, and my model through life that I may merit to die as you did in the arms of Jesus and Mary.

Loving Saint Joseph, faithful follower of Jesus Christ, I raise my heart to you to implore your powerful intercession in obtaining from the Heart of Jesus all the graces necessary for my spiritual and temporal welfare, particularly the grace of a happy death, and the special grace I now implore: (Mention your request). Guardian of the Word Incarnate, I am confident that your prayers on my behalf will be graciously heard before the throne of God.

Tags: ,

14 Responses to “Novena Prayer to Saint Joseph”

1. barbara pepe says:

May The Holy Spirit Bless The Cardinals when deciding on the new pontiff and may St Joseph guide you
    I pray St Joseph will help me in alieviating my back pain which is dibilitating

2. Louis Vito says:

Thank you cardinal Dolan for sharing this novena prayer to Saint Joseph. May God’s Holy Spirit work powerfully during the conclave and may the hearts of all the cardinals be docile to His promptings. May all of you be inspired to select God’s choice to be His vicar on earth.

3. St. Joseph:

Stephen looked to heaven and saw Jesus standing at the right hand of God.

What do you see, St. Joseph?

4. Tanner Mills says:

Sure I will join you as if you could kindly tell me the prayers that will be used? By the way say hello to Cardinal Thomas Collins from everyone in Thunder Bay Ontario we are all praying for him. And I myself am praying for you as well Cardinal Dolan. God bless you

5. Joanne Giomi says:

Ihave already recited the prayer. May direct God direct the cardinals in their choice of our new Pope. May God shine his light on all of you and God Bless you all.

6. laura says:

I have and will continua to pray with the intercession of Saint Joseph and all the Saints. Prayers especially to the Holy Spirit to guide our church in making the decision of our new Pope!

7. Trish says:

I pray for the Breath of the Holy Spirit to guide all the cardinals in the way of Christ’s truth. I pray they prayerfully choose a leader that has the holiness, strength and courage of Christ. It is my prayer they choose a leader that will show us the way of Christ in word and deed. I pray for someone who will work toward ridding our Church of materialistic displays of wealth and extravagance and walk again in the simplicity of Jesus. I pray for someone who will bring the Gospel of peace and love to all our world with patience and tenderness. I hope for someone who will prioritize care for the poor and marginalized; rid our clergy of ALL pedophiles, ALL those who protected them and sincerely and lovingly reach out to the victims, their families and their church communities. I further pray for a church leader that will be a strong moral guide yet will also be more open to discussion and solutions on contemporary challenges that are not matters of faith. AMEN!

amen.

8. Luis González says:

Thank you your eminence for your defense of our churc

9. Janet Sides says:

Uniting in the novena prayer with everyone.

10. Jose Parejo says:

Rezando por el Santo Padre. San Jose nos proteja e interceda por todos nosotros. Por Jesucristo nuestro Señor. Amen.

Pregare per il Santo Padre. San Jose ci protegga e interceda per tutti noi. Per Cristo nostro Signore. Amen.

Praying for the Holy Father. San Jose protect us and intercede for all of us. For Christ our Lord. Amen.

11. Jhoanna says:

St. Joseph, I ask for your intercession to find a husband who is loving and great man.. Someone whom I could spend the rest of my life with. I offer to you the man in my heart now… Please bring him back to me at the soonest possible time. May his.heart has a special place for me… Thanks a lot for hearing my request fot intercession. I love you!♥

12. David Marzek says:

Joseph… The patron saint of workers. Let us keep that fact in mind during the days of austerity. Who will take up the fight of the Chinese worker? How about the American one? Let us hear the church talk about the economy, austerity and workers rights.

13. Rick Scocozza says:

Thank you St. Joseph for always taking care of me and my loved ones and for always keeping me on the narrow road.

14. Kay says:

thank you Msg. Dolan for this novena…prayers for the church and my personal family are being answered by our gracious Lord, wow, so quickly! Praise be to God