Prayers for Cardinal George

I would like to ask you to please keep Francis Cardinal George, the Archbishop of Chicago, in your prayers in a special way these days.  The Archdiocese of Chicago has announced that Cardinal George has been diagnosed with cancerous cells in his kidney and in a nodule that was removed from his liver.  The Cardinal previously fought bladder cancer 6 years ago.

Cardinal George is a hero of mine.  He is an outstanding Archbishop, and has been a great help and inspiration to me as my immediate predecessor as president of the USCCB.

I know that the Cardinal will face this latest challenge as he faces all challenges: with great strength and great peace, born of a deep love of God and trust in His divine will.

Tags:

18 Responses to “Prayers for Cardinal George”

1. Ryan Brady says:

I am grateful that Your Eminence and the people of New York are keeping our faithful Pastor in your prayers. Cardinal George is a wonderful man and a fearless leader. I hope he has many more great days here in Chicago. Thank you again Cardinal Dolan and thank you people of New York.

Thank you also, Your Eminence, for your leadership and your boundless energy guiding Catholics through these turbulent times in America. Ad Multos Annos!

2. Msgr. John . Myler says:

Here in the province of Chicago, we are all keeping Cardinal George in our prayers — for his health, his recovery and hid continued Christ-like service to the people of Chicago and the Universal Church.
    Msgr. J. Myler — Cathedral, Belleville

3. Lisa Hambidge says:

You can be assured of our on-going prayers.
    Love,
    The Hambidge Familynblcupaccen-

4. Adelaide says:

Hi,

I pray for Cardinal George.

God bless.
    Adelaide

5. Adelaide says:

Hi,
    I will pray.
    God bless,
    Adelaide

6. AndyP/Doria2 says:

As one who is suffering the same fate, I offer my heartfelt prayers for the good Cardinal.

His will be done. May God give Cardinal George the strength and courage He gave to St. Peregrine who is the Patron of those with cancer.

7. Joan says:

Will keep Cardinal George in my prayers.

In Good Faith,
    Joan

8. Mark H. Sedarski says:

Your Eminence, You are one of the great treasures of The Catholic Church, particularly in the American Church. Please know that we hold you up in prayer at this challenging time, and through the intercession of Our Most Holy Mother Mary, we ask that Her Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, hold you in the palm of his hand and keep you safe. Amen

9. Marie says:

Praying for Cardinal George.

10. George says:

We pray for his total cure and to show as a Witness to the Community.

George, Mumbai, India

11. George says:

Praying for quick healing.

Regards
    George/India

12. Eduardo Makalintal says:

In February of last years I underwent surgery to remove a cancerous growth in my left kidney. The surgery was a success which I attribute to our healing Lord who answered the prayers of so many who prayed for me.

I will keep Cardinal George in my daily prayers with faith that he will be healed completely of the cancer.

Eduardo
    Manila, Philippines

13. Tony de New York says:

I will pray 4 him.

14. TeaPot562 says:

Those who benefited from Cardinal George’s service in the Archdiocese of Portland, OR should also pray for him. He has served the Church in very difficult times.
    TeaPot562

15. Tom and Kathie Reeves says:

The leadership and faithfulness of both Cardinal Dolan and Archbishop George have been a blessing and an inspiration. We pray for both daily.

16. lydia says:

My prayers for recovery Cardinal George. We need many more years of your guidence.

17. Carmen says:

We will pray for Cardinal George!

18. timothy canezro says:

Hey Cardinal Father Dolan,
    A big thanks from all of us catholics here in chicago that are sad and praying for the help and healing of our beloved Cardinal Father George. I wrote him a letter yesterday pertaining to an annual trip I take out to stay with Chief David Beautiful Bald Eagle on the Cheyenne River reservation in south dakota. All my minneconjou lakota friends are trhilled with the upcoming canonization of now Saint Kateri Tekakwitha the Lily of the Mohawks. They have shrines and Kateri circles set up on indian reservations all across this land. Saint Kateri is winning many believers and healing many. If you havn’ t heard of him I recommend you check out jake finkbonner’s website. He is the lummi catholic boy the Pope has declared as Kateri’s 2nd miracle.
    On my prayer trip and retreat, I will be praying for the help, healing, and blessing of Cardinal George. But I will also remember you Cardinal Dolan as I hold you in high regard and believe you may become Pope of our Universal church at some point. I would ask you to do the same for me, my lakota friends from cheyenne river reservation, and of course for all people of Faith here in Chicago.
    Please keep up your amazing Ministry and thanks for remembering Cardinal Francis in your prayers and passing on the message to your archdiocese.
    Forever your son in Christ,