Catholic Charities persisted with its disaster-relief mobilization as a nor’easter whipped through the New York region yesterday, dumped a half-foot of snow and took a sucker punch at neighborhoods still reeling from the super storm’s destruction. Staff continued going door to door by foot and in the Catholic Charities Rusty Staub Mobile Food Pantry to hand out non-perishable food and cleaning supplies to people stricken by the storm. Catholic Charities, teaming up with FEMA and other first responders, is also manning disaster relief centers that are being established throughout the region.
Looking for help?
- In Westchester County, visit the Emergency Operation Center opening today, November 8, 2012, at Westchester County Center, at 198 Central Ave., White Plains, NY 10606.
- In Staten Island, visit the Disaster Assistance Service Center at Mission of the Immaculate Virgin (MIV) Mount Loretto at 6581 Hylan Blvd. at Sharrotts Road in Staten Island, NY 10309.
Need advise with photos to prepare for an insurance claim?
- When possible, take photos of all destroyed property BEFORE you begin reconstruction
- If you have already begun reconstruction, take photos of the dumpster where you placed sheetrock and other destroyed property.
- Make sure to take photos that show your home in the background.
Click here for more resources and information.