By Alice Kenny
Don’t get lost in litigation over President Obama’s Executive Action on immigration reform.
Sign up now for a free conference run by immigration experts.
Learn about the President’s proposed action that:
- Provides for unauthorized parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (DAPA)
- Expands the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program
- Includes other important initiatives
Take part in key-note presentations led by:
- Faith leaders
- Federal, state, and local officials, legal service agencies
- Community-based agencies
- National immigrant rights groups.
Participate in discussions that:
- Examine federal, New York State and New York City policy, outreach, and Executive Action initiatives.
- Explore legal services mobilization efforts by public and private entities and other collaborative programs in New York City, Long Island, and the Lower Hudson Valley, focused on outreach, public education on benefit eligibility and the risk of fraud, and provision of legal screening, representation and advocacy.
- Address the role of non-legal, community-based institutions, particularly Catholic parishes, in ensuring the program’s success.
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York, Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, Catholic Migration Services of the Diocese of Brooklyn, and the Center for Migration Studies of New York (CMS) will host this all-day event.
When: March 25. 2014
Where: The Sheen Center (in lower Manhattan).
Click to register now.
Or email your name, title, organization and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York, Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, Catholic Migration Services of the Diocese of Brooklyn, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, Executive Action initiatives, legal service agencies, National immigrant rights groups