By Alice Kenny
As Winter Storm Juno cripples commerce and paralyzes traffic, Catholic Charities urges you to:
- Stay home
- Stay in
- Stay safe
- And watch out for your neighbors
Catholic Charities echoes the warnings of NY State Gov. Andrew Cuomo and NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio who declared a state of emergency throughout the New York Archdiocese including New York City, Rockland, Suffolk, Ulster and Westchester counties.
They closed commuter rail lines and forbid driving on roads.
Meanwhile, outreach workers are fanning out to bring into shelter anyone exposed to the storm.
- Help by calling 311 if you spot someone in need
- Call 911 if you are in immediate danger
- Check on friends, relatives, and neighbors
- Help those who need special assistance, including seniors and persons with disabilities
Click for the latest on subways, trains, buses, roads and rail lines.
Click for severe weather updates.