Reaching out to Staten Island students still suffering from Hurricane Sandy, Catholic Charities and its partners distributed 150 Back-to-School $250 Visa gift certificates last week at the Catholic Charities Community Services Center at 120 Anderson Avenue.
Catholic Charities Staten Island partnered at the event with Lutheran Social Services of New York, the Jewish Community Center of Staten Island, Center for Independence of the Disabled New York, and Arab American Family Support Center.
Were you hurt by Hurricane Sandy and are still struggling to recover?
Whether you have applied for FEMA or not — even if you were not eligible or were denied assistance — there may be local resources available for you. A trained, compassionate case manager can work one-on-one with you to:
- Answer your questions about recovery
- Develop a plan to address your needs
- Connect you with appropriate community resources
- Determine what financial assistance may be available to you
- Advocate on your behalf with service and benefit providers
Call the Sandy Referral Line: 855-258-0483
Call Today – Help is Here: Monday – Friday: 9a.m. to 5p.m.