Posts Tagged ‘emergency transfer form’

Have you been hurt by Hurricane Sandy and cannot return to your Section 8 apartment?

Tuesday, November 6th, 2012

If you have been permanently displaced from your Section 8 subsidized unit due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, you may request and submit an emergency transfer form. Please be sure to include documentation from the Red Cross, the Fire Department, or a city shelter that confirms your unit or building is uninhabitable, so that we can process your request as quickly as possible. Please note that not all situations may be deemed an emergency. The Leased Housing Department will review each submission on a case by case basis.

To obtain a Transfer Request form:  Call the NYCHA Call Center at 718-707-7771 or visit any of NYCHA’s three Customer Contact Center locations:

Bronx/Manhattan-478 E Fordham Road, Bronx, 2nd floor;

Brooklyn/Staten Island-787 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, 2nd floor;

Queens-90-27 Sutphin Boulevard, Jamaica, 4th floor.