Join Team Catholic Charities for the ING New York City Marathon.
Race numbers are striking:
- 26.2-mile course winding through all five boroughs in the Greatest City in the World
- 100,000-plus race applicants
- 37,000 racing participants
- 2,000,000 spectators
The need you will be running for is striking as well:
- 40,000 New York school children have no place to call home
- 365,000 people look for work in New York City every day but cannot find it
- One in four families live in poverty
- 1,400,000 New Yorkers – that’s one out of every six of our neighbors – rely daily on emergency food
- Tens of thousands of people left homeless after Hurricane Sandy lost their furniture, clothing and all that they owned.
- Thousands still struggle to recover
Team Catholic Charities runners train for top physical condition to cross the finish line AND cut back on our neighbors’ growing need.
Catholic Charities, partnering with New York Road Runners, is an official Charity partner in this year’s ING New York City Marathon. Our ten-person team plans to raise $30,000 to directly benefit our St. Nicholas Project.
Catholic Charities’ St. Nicholas Project provides:
- job training and computer literacy classes to help New Yorkers find work
- food pantries to make sure hungry New Yorkers have food
- school supplies so children in need can keep up with their classmates
- essential items including towels, sheets, blankets, coats, hats, gloves, scarves and pajamas so that New Yorkers stay warm all year.