Looking for free staffing plus a chance to help teens this summer?
Check out Catholic Charities Community Services/Alianza Division’s Summer Youth Employment Program. We are looking for organizations and agencies to partner with us to provide young people with a worksite and great work experience.
What’s in it for you?
All told, we plan to train and place more than 900 teens and young adults, ages 14 — 24, at worksites throughout New York City from July 8th until August 17th. And this is all at no cost to you.
The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) provides New York City teens and young adults with summer employment and educational experiences that capitalize on individual strengths, develop skills, and connect youth to positive adult role models.
SYEP provides six weeks of entry-level jobs at community-based organizations, government agencies and private sector businesses. In past years these have included hospitals, summer camps, nonprofits, small businesses, law firms, museums, sports enterprises and retail organizations.
What’s in it for youth?
The Summer Youth Employment Program is designed to:
- Emphasize real-world labor expectations
- Increase awareness of services offered by local community-based organizations
- Provide opportunities for career instruction, financial literacy training, academic improvement, and social growth
CCCS works in collaboration with the Department of Youth and Community Development and pays participants the minimum wage pay rate of $7.25.
Don’t worry. We provide the salary; you provide the site.
How about some details?
As an SYEP worksite, you agree to:
- Provide productive and meaningful work assignments
- Provide training and supervision
- Communicate regularly with the community-based organization that placed participants to ensure accurate compensation for hours worked
- Evaluate your participants and provide adequate feedback and mentoring
- You can choose Group 1: Youth ages 14-15 or Group 2: Youth ages 16-24.
- The younger group works 15 work hours plus 5 educational hours per week. (No worries: We provide the educational hours.)
- Group 2 can work 25 hours a week.
Sounds great. How do I sign up?
Click here to learn more and become a worksite.
Click here to learn more.
Tags: academic improvement, Alianza, career instruction, Catholic Charities Community Services, community-based organizations, Department of Youth and Community Development, entry-level jobs, financial literacy training, government agencies, hospitals, law firms, museums, New York City, nonprofits, private sector businesses, small businesses, social growth, sports enterprises, summer camps, summer employment, Summer Youth Employment Program, SYEP, teens, young adults